Thursday, May 31, 2012

Personalized Handout for Family/Friends - About GP and What I CAN Eat!

How often do people ask you, "Well, what exactly can you have?"  It can be difficult to explain this to our loved ones or anyone who would wants to help out.  I can't tell you the number of times I've been invited to gatherings and end up bringing my own dish, snack or even eating prior to avoid the questions.  Recently, I've realized how many people actually want to prepare something for me, that it makes them feel good to be able to contribute.  What if our family could have snacks and beverages stocked for visits or friends had some specific ideas of dishes, smoothies or soup they could have at the next dinner party?

I've created this handout for you to fill out, whether it's 2 items or 20, so that others can be prepared.  It also includes an explanation of why we follow this diet, what helps and what we specifically need to avoid.  Keep a copy for you as a reminder and to share with others when they visit.  It's also a great way to keep a list for yourself in times of being overwhelmed and forgetting what the options are.

To access this free document click here.  If you have any trouble with this link or would like a PDF version you can email me at stephanie@journeywithwellness.com or contact me here and I can send you the file directly.

Fill in the blanks and make sure to include specifics such as how to prepare (baked, steamed, etc) and portion sizes (2-3oz, 1/2 potato, 1/2 cup).  On the end of the second page there is also room for additional notes you may want to provide about your condition.

If you are looking for some guidance on figuring out what does work for you contact me for more information about my individual health coaching services.


Hope this helps you on your journey to venturing out more because there is nothing more valuable than connection with loved ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment