This was a delicious breakfast and it felt like a real meal I could easily make for others to enjoy as well. In fact, when my friend's kids came over for a sleepover last weekend, I secretly served the pancakes (gluten free and dairy free) in place of the usual white flour recipe I would normally make. We added blueberries and a dash of maple syrup and they loved them, no questions asked!
The sausage has a perfect combination of both savory and sweet and packs a good amount of protein to start the day. Here is what Crystal has to say:
"I hadn't had breakfast sausage in nearly a decade before I came up with the idea to make my own with lean meat and FODMAP-friendly spices. It's now a breakfast staple in our house and I'm happy to have it back! Adjust the seasonings to your taste."
Enjoy the recipe and let us know what you think!
1 lb lean ground meat (turkey, chicken, beef, pork)
1 Tbsp maple syrup, optional
1 tsp sea salt
3/4 tsp ground sage
3/4 tsp dried thyme
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
2. Mix all ingredients by hand in a bowl.
3. Form into 8 small patties. Place on baking sheet.
4. Cook for 10 minutes. Flip patties and rotate pan.
5. Bake 10 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.