Just in case you haven't been following from the beginning, I thought I would provide a breakdown of some of the highlights including good times, rough patches, and popular posts since July of 2011. In addition, recipes are listed in categories to make it easier to find. Hope you have found this helpful and enjoy catching up, possibly relating to this crazy journey over the last couple of years!
- Prior to starting this blog, I refused to be labeled with a chronic illness and attended acupuncture school, only to find out denial is the wrong path to take.
- Understanding and searching for acceptance was the next step.
- When all else failed, it was time for the first feeding tube, aka, liquid sunshine. Thanking my amazing mom for all her help, and dealing with a tube infection.
- Finding things to be thankful for despite home sick on Thanksgiving, 2011.
- Learning all about FODMAPs, the beginning of discovering foods that were causing me to be more sick.
- When smiling is doesn't do the trick and when being positive isn't enough.
- Finally, a warm and sunny escape! Traveling to Mexico with a feeding tube, January, 2012.
- The book 29 Gifts, that inspired me to start the monthly newsletter giveaways.
- Announcing health coaching information, which led to meeting and working with some pretty amazing clients and new friends.
- Emotions and rewards from cooking a feast for the family, despite not being able to eat like everyone else.
- Creating a What I CAN Eat handout that has had nearly 1500 downloads!
- Our journey to the east coast to visit John's Hopkins and what I learned about SIBO and treatment.
- Not GP related, but a heartbreaking time with a dedication to the loss of our sweet dog Spier of nearly 13 years.
- Continuing to navigate the ebb and flow of accepting GP.
- After months of hard work and an amazing group of volunteers to help, the 1st annual Awareness Walk for Gastroparesis was a success.
- Complications with the first J-tube and deciding to have it removed.
- "When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this - you haven't." Second J-tube fails, next step: TPN. Now, gaining weight and energy. So far, so good.
Sides, Sauces and Dishes